Friday, October 8, 2010

Hair Embroidery by Kate Kretz


After my post about hair embroidery and its origins, I searched the internet to find people who do hair embroidery. In one of my searches I found Kate Kretz, who I think is a very good representative of this kind of embroidery. Of course I do not compare her work with the traditional hair embroidery as it was done in China for hundrends of years. The theme of her work is rather different as you can see from the pictures - no Buddha and birds or pandas. I don't know much about the technque she uses, but the final result is astonishing.


You can see more of Kate's work in her blog and in her website.

KP

2 comments:

  1. It is superb. And there are many other people who do hair embroidery. I will write about them sometime too.

    KP

    ReplyDelete