Friday, June 25, 2010

Who is Kathrin Papargyris?

I learned to embroider when I was a kid – around 12 years old – from my mother and grandmother. They also taught me how to crochet and knit. All these handicraft arts are considered to be a respectful heritage here in Greece and they pass on from mother to daughter.

A few years ago, I got into serious embroidery and began reading, collecting books, and pieces of embroidery. I tried many different techniques until I eventually migrated to embroidery,  needlepoint and needlelace, teaching myself with whatever I could get my hands on. I really love my work, it is my passion, and every piece that I create is by heart.


I am a happy housewife, lucky to have raised three wonderful children, that now decided to get into business. I hope that you too will love and enjoy my creations.


Thanks for joining me on my stitching adventures!


KP

2 comments:

  1. Kathrin, your needlemade lace is stunning. I've always wanted to try it but never got around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bhavani, thank you very much for your kind words. It is never too late to try it. I love it!

    ReplyDelete